This coming week is Mental Health Awareness Week 2020. The theme chosen for the week by the Mental Health Foundation is KINDNESS.
The Mental Health Foundation explain that “they chose kindness as this year’s theme because of it’s ability to unlock our shared humanity. Kindness strengthens relationships, develops community and deepens solidarity. Our individual and collective mental health depend on kindness, and it is something that everyone should experience and practise.”
Kindness, tolerance and compassion play a HUGE part in building a community of peer support so this week The Owl Tree Childrens café are getting fully behind and supporting MHA week.
All this week we will be sharing:
- Kindness ideas, activities and games to try at home
- Raising awareness by sharing facts relating to some mental health conditions
- Giveaways to just be kind and brighten someone’s day (and help with the stresses and pressures of lockdown)
- Blogs and articles that you may find interesting and informative
- Our virtual café will be live on Tuesday evening to discuss anxiety, coping with anxiety and mindfulness techniques.
Please join us this week. Join in with our activities, competitions, Share your ideas, “pass on the kindness” in anyway you see fit and share your ideas to inspire others.